The Elmhurst Foundation became the guardian of Combe Grove in March 2017, as part of a five-year plan which will see The Elmhurst Foundation create a range of high quality, enhanced apprenticeships for local people.
Elmhurst’s apprenticeships will be offered across each team in the business, including the business disciplines of marketing, finance, personnel and technology, the service disciplines of cooking, treatments, and personal training, and the estate and buildings disciplines of land, trees and the maintenance of our listing buildings.
Our apprentices will have the opportunity to explore different career paths, to learn about wellbeing, and to provide public benefit to the local community through our charitable work. Each Apprenticeship will include an element of community service, organised by us, relating to their chosen discipline. We have started to form partnerships with local charities and privately-owned businesses who relish their contribution to the community and impact on our environment, and will help us develop this purpose.
Until recently Combe Grove operated as hotel. In 2021, the journey to becoming a centre for wellness will continue apace, making the very most of the 64-acre woodland estate and all that it has to offer in support of physical and mental health. The focus on holistic health and wellbeing will be in line with the already strong fitness offering at Combe Grove.
If you would like to see more about our vision for the future and plans towards becoming greener and more sustainable, please click the link below.
Combe Grove recognises its environmental responsibilities higher than current legal and regulatory requirements. Our aim is to reduce our impact on the environment, both locally and globally in the running and maintenance of our business operations, buildings and grounds. As well as reducing our impact on the environment we are actively involved in enhancing our 64 acre estate and the many ecosystem, and community benefits it provides. We are continually reviewing our environmental performance and endeavour to increase employer and guest awareness of environmental issues.
We Aim To…
- Reduce our energy consumption and invest in renewable, clean energy sources and technology.
- Reduce our consumption of fossil fuels.
- Reduce the consumption of non-recyclable waste and recycle where possible.
- Procure goods and services that share our values of environmental stewardship.
- Reduce and eliminate the use of toxic and polluting substances.
- Conserve, enhance and establish wildlife habitat, biodiversity and ecosystem health.
- Contribute towards and support a localised economy and infrastructure.
- Strengthen our community bonds and foster health and wellbeing.
- Promote our environmental policy to employees, visitors and guests to raise awareness of environmental issues.
- Be awarded ‘Gold’ for environmental practice as specified by Green Tourism.
- Leave behind a lasting legacy that has helped secure a prosperous and abundant future for generations to come.
For more information on our environmental endeavours please take a look at What we have and What we plan to do to improve our performance. We welcome any suggestions that you may have on achieving our green policy aims. Please feel free to contact us by email