Apprenticeships at Combe Grove- the added benefits
Hi I’m Miranda, a degree apprentice studying Management & Marketing. In my opinion, one of the great things about being an apprentice at Combe Grove is the additional benefits you receive when you join.
The Elmhurst Foundation has three main purposes; Apprenticeships, Community and Health & Wellbeing, and due to this, Management aims to make sure employees are as happy and healthy as possible.
A few examples of the extra perks
- All apprentices get free, healthy food cooked by our chefs during the working day.
- We also have team Fika’s (adopted from the Swedish work culture), where all teams are invited to take a break and share a cup of tea and some fruit or house-baked cake. This is a great way to take a step back from work and re-energise, as well as catching up with your workmates.
- All apprentices also have full and free access (and can bring a +1) to the gym, pools, sauna, steam rooms, tennis courts and other leisure facilities on site. This is a great way to burn off some steam and keep healthy- if you’re lucky the club apprentices may also help you train!
- There is a free bus service that runs to and from Wessex Water (just down the road), and we also have a cycle to work scheme to encourage all employees to consider alternative ways of getting to work- promoting both health and environmental benefits.
- We also receive discounted hotel stays, beauty treatments and food from our Restaurant and Bar, so if you want to show off your workplace to your family and friends you won’t break the bank!