Pancake Day 2019 - the ultimate pancake recipe! (in our opinion)
Who doesn’t love pancakes? This year at Combe Grove we’re celebrating by getting our chef Justin to share his fantastic pancake recipe with you all! Try something a bit different this pancake day and have a go at making your pancakes the Combe Grove way.
Combe Grove Pancake Recipe
This recipe has the added bonus of being gluten-free. We make them use pea flour (although feel free to substitute this for another kind if you can’t find it) – we just like the added nutritional value, the nutty taste and the bonus of it being gluten free
200g pea flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
pinch of salt
toppings of your choice
- Combine all dry ingredients
- Add eggs and milk gradually to the dry ingredients – mix together until smooth
- Coat the pan with a small amount of oil and put on a medium heat
- Pour in enough of the pancake mix to create a thin layer on the pan and fry for a couple of minutes or until golden brown, flip and repeat on the other side.
- Serve the pancakes with toppings of your choice – we’ve opted for our homemade yogurt, fresh berries, honey and popcorn.
So try our quick and simple pancake recipe – put whatever you want in terms of toppings so have a bit of fun and make it your own. We’re confident it’s sure to please pancake lovers everywhere!
Interested in finding more about the food offering at Combe Grove? Have a look at our page here.